The Hanson Fam

Sunday, September 28, 2008

What a SWEET yet BITTER weekend....

A few weekends ago Trav and I had quite the interesting roller coaster of a weekend. For starters, mother nature decided to go crazy on Thursday and it rained for a good 24 hours straight, dumping 9 inches of water into flat ol' Lubbock. Lets just say that I've never prayed so hard for my life as I did while driving home from teaching my Pilates class that night. However, due to the vast amount of rain (record breaking rain fyi) all classes at TTU and work at TTU was cancelled on Friday. Upon learning the heavenly cancellation news, Trav and I were already up and at em' in the wee hours of the morn, thus, we went out exploring our flooded city. This is a pic of the little lake aka drainage system at the end of our street. A bit overflooded don't ya think?!?!
The next morning, Saturday, bright and early, we were scheduled to get new carpet. Yes, after begging and pleading with our old apt. manager for new carpet, she never budged. However, when I found out we got a new manager, I called to ask once again thinking for sure she'd say, "too bad so sad." However, she said she'd take a look at our carpet and then decide. Needless to say, she called right after a quick walk through and was so disgusted and surely felt sorry for us, therefore, scheduled the new carpet. WOOOO HOOOOO-if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!! Any who, this is me basking in the new, lush, lovely, appetizing carpet. WE LOVE IT!!! Trav and I were both sooooo darn happy all day and night long due to the new carpet. I mean, free rain day Friday off, new carpet Saturday....we were on a roll........
Sunday, we get home from church and pull into our ASSIGNED covered parking spot and both remark, "oh, our neghbors got a new truck." There was a foreign truck parked in the assigned spot next to ours and we thought nothing of it. A couple hours later, I ran out to our neon to get something and looked over to see this disaster! Yes, we've had this car-Slick Willy, nickname Silver Sleekness, for less than a month. What the bloody 'H' I say?!?! Needless to say, we were both thoroughly upset and sick about this. The neighbors new truck hit us, or at least that was our thought. Nope, it so happens that it was some yahoo that was in our neighbors spot-a lame, disrespectful drunkard redneck I'm sure. Any how, they are off scotch free and we are stuck paying for this mess. Gotta LOVE people who have no heart nor integrity whatsoever. I hope this individual felt godly sorrow for their actions. Any how, what's done is done and I'm no longer bitter because clearly it won't change a thing. We've both let it go and just know that when life sucks, you must get a straw and by golly get over it!!!
Any how, this is the sweet yet bitter weekend we experienced a couple weeks ago. We are very fortunate and blessed and have been given trials here and there to mix things up. The moral is: don't hold grudges because it'll just make you mad while the situation at hand won't change. Accept it and decide to move forward. Life goes on and cars and such are just things that have no true value when it comes to our true happiness.

9 comments:

BBB said...

Happy for you about the carpet. I would absolutely love it if our landlord got us new carpet. Totally lame-o about your car. So sorry.

Heidi said...

wowsers! ur a better person than I. we miss you guys. email me about a vacation.

Dave & Chels said...

I totally forgot that you were teaching pilates! You need to tell me the times again. And, I don't think I"ve paid my spouse membership fee this semester. I really need to do that.
By the way, totally jealous of your new carpet.

The Jessups said...

I, too, am totally jealous of your carpet! Esp because we're in the same complex! I've kept my eyes peeled for the old red and white truck. The nerve...

natalie palmer said...

ha! that is so you to have boy band music on your blog. :) i could have sworn you had a kid. shows you how with it i am. no, my parents moved from the butler stake about six years ago. my mom lives in draper now. do your parents still live there? any gossip on the bengal front? we're in iowa for med school. your husbands schooling sounds.. complicated. i feel like i'm abusing the blog comment area.

Brooke said...

hooray for new carpet.. the best feeling ever and boo to dishonest people. Seriously, how do people like that sleep at night? I would be so ticked! Also, love the post about the moles.. er, beauty marks my mom would have me call them. They are great aren't they ;)

Randy & JoAnna said...

Sorry about your car! Got a good lawyer?? Gotta make you sick, but you have a good attitude. Keep positive. Just remember Karma will get the lame-sucker!

Anonymous said...

Hey there so I thought I would let you know that Jess and I are throwing Angela a baby shower and it is on the 18th, I know you live out of state but I just wanted to let you know! I wish you could be here, miss you lots!

Jared and Shelby said...

It's been too long since I checked in last. You make me smile! When you're here in December I want you to teach a pilates class for us:)