Happy 5 year anniversary to me!!! I've been home for 5 years from my mission and boy have the years gone by in a flash. Some of the things I miss about my mission are:
- the amazing people
- the strong accents--also everything ending with an 'er' sound--Santer Clause, Pizzer, etc.
- the quaint homes/architecture-wrap around porches, shutters, etc.
- the freshest sea food-haven't had any since! It's not the same if you're not on the coast!
- the FALL FOILAGE-it's God's country in the Fall--AMAZING!!!!
- Moxie-the best soda pop out there!!!
- Needhams-it's pretty much a mounds candy bar on steroids--soooo tastey!!!!!
- I'm a true Maineiac at heart and LOVE Maine!!!!!
On the contrary, one thing I DON'T miss is the FREEZING COLD piercing through my winter coat, boots, and long underoos!!!! Winters in Maine are a cold miserable JOKE!!! I don't miss that!
Here's a shout out to my mission--I love you Maine and was happy to serve for 19.5 months!!!